Saturday, August 13, 2011

Farewell America!

Well, it's finally here!!! I'm all packed and my room is cleaner than it's been all summer. My flight leaves in the morning out of San Francisco for Beijing, China. It hasn't hit me yet that this dream I've been dreaming for 5 years isn't just some far away fantasy. It's real, and it's happening tomorrow.

It's been quite the adventure already just preparing for this trip this summer. I had to switch companies at the last minute to get my Visa, I lost a friend who has inspired me for as long as I can remember, and I was diagnosed with a new medical condition on Monday so I had to deal with the scramble to get enough medication to take with me to China. But in the end, even though it felt like there were more roadblocks than clear paths, it all just fell into place over the last few days and I am almost feeling like myself again. I am so determined to live out this dream that I wasn't going to let ANYTHING get in my way of getting on that plane tomorrow.

I was sad to say goodbye to so many incredible people this week. All of you make my life so beautiful and I'd  like to take a moment to say thank you to everyone who has supported me in this dream, even if it's a bit insane. I get a bit sappy when I'm sleepy :)

It's currently 2am here in California and I'm definitely starting to get tired. However, Beijing is 15 hours ahead of the West coast (12 ahead of the East) so it's 5pm there right now! So my plan is to try and stay up as late as possible so I will sleep on my flight tomorrow. Grand scheme to switch night & day for the win.

My next post will hopefully be from CHINA! Although it might take me a few days to figure out how to go on the internet. But I'll tell you all about my flight and first impressions then. Goodnight!


1 comment:

  1. AW, you're experience will be amazing! If you get a chance check out the Will.I.Am concert going on in Beijing this fall to promote study abroad in China. It's supposed to be epic. Also take a look at www.indelibleINTL.com. It's a website community for people who study/intern/volunteer and work abroad brought about by people who do all of the above, and let us know what you think. We hope you're experience in Beijing is all you hoped for, I loved Beijing :0D

    ReplyDelete